You need to do a few things before you start using your 49 dimple poffertjes plates.
Before your first use
- Wash your plates thoroughly with hot water and dish washing liquid using a sponge.
- Dry you plates and inspect them for any manufactures residue.
- When clean and dry, place your plates back on your cooker with the 2 slots facing the back of the cooker.
- Make sure you follow the manufacture’s safety instruction to ensure you cooker is set up correctly.
- With the clean plates in place, turn your cooker on high for 30 minutes.
- Turn off your cooker and lightly coat the plates with canola oil whilst ensuring all pimples are covered (Do not use other fats like olive oil, margarine or butter).
- Turn you cooker off and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Turn your cooker back on for another 30 minutes whilst rubbing in more canola oil every 10 minutes.
- Turn off the gas at the cylinder. Let your cooker burn out then switch the cooker’s burners off. This clears any excess gas from your cooker’s hose that otherwise may pose a problem during transport.
You are now ready to cook your first batch of poffertjes…
Download the Neumärker Poffertjes Machine Manual by clicking on the link below: